Tanner EDA Software Tools - Training Advance Design Course for Analog IC & Mixed Signal
Attend UPI and T-Cells training to gain productivity--and some free tools! Tanner's advanced training course on UPI programming, the L-Edit Pro programming interface, and T-Cells, L-Edit's parameterized cell capability, will make you more productive!
This training class takes you step-by-step through programming the UPI and creating T-Cells. Not just in theory, but in a hands-on workshop that shows you how to use UPI and T-Cells to automate layout tasks, create parameterized layout generators and perform special analyses.
Our two-day UPI and T-Cells course is divided between presentation and hands-on training exercises. Do you have specialized UPI or T-Cell questions? Our instructors are ready to address them in this unique class.
Materials Included with Course:
- Introductory programming manual, Absolute Beginner's Guide to C (2nd Edition). This book will be sent prior to the class so you can review basic C programming.
- UPI Macro Application Wizard Add-In for Visual Studio that makes setting up UPI macro projects a breeze.
- Visual Studio macros and Add-Ins to make you ultra productive, so you can concentrate on your design, not the design process.
- Advanced UPI Macros and T-Cells with source code that gives you a great starting point for turning your ideas into results.
Advanced C programming topics will be covered during the course. Participants are expected to have the following basic knowledge of C programming:
- Basic C syntax
- Variables and basic data types
- Expressions and operators (+, -, /, &, |, &&, ||, etc.)
- if statements
- for loops
- while loops
Day 1: How to Create and Use UPI Macros
- Advanced C Review - Arrays, Pointers, Memory Allocations, and C Preprocessor.
- Creating Interpreted Macros
- Creating Compiled Macros
- Debugging UPI Macros
- UPI Specific Topics
- UPI Data types
- Binding Macros to Hot Keys and Menus
- Creating multiple macros in one file
- Getting User Input (using the UPI Dialogs)
- Traversing object/cell/layer lists
- Working with Technology Information
Day 2: Creating Parameterized Cells with T-Cells
- L-Comp - Layout composition functions
- UPI & T-Cells Advanced Topics:
- Layout Generators
- Running in Batch mode
- Working with Derived Layers and DRC Rules