Tanner EDA at DAC: Driving Analog Innovation
User Forum with customer presentations, two Exhibitor Forum presentations, and business partners and mentalist in Booth #1342
MONROVIA, California – June 4, 2010 – Tanner EDA, the catalyst for innovation for the design, layout and verification of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), is focusing on driving analog innovation at DAC 2010 from June 14th to June 17th at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA. Taking a “less is more” approach to tool design, Tanner EDA believes that engineers need the right mix of top-notch features and functionality, squarely aligned with requirements, to accelerate the design process. This concept of elegant, efficient solutions – achieving productivity gains with just the right tools and only the right tools – underlies the company’s activities at DAC.
Exhibitor Forum presentations
Presentations in the Analog/ Mixed-signal/ RF Design section of the Exhibitor Forum in Hall B, Booth #1562, Monday, June 14th:
- Tanner EDA and development partner IC Mask Design Ltd.: 10:15-10:50am
High Performance Device and Structure Generation for A/MS Design
Attempts to automate the analog layout process have had limited success. Forgoing full automation, Tanner EDA and IC Mask Design focus on acceleration and semi-automation. The partners will demonstrate that – without any change to design flow, using only manufacturing design rules – HiPer DevGen generates high quality design primitives, matched to address common processing artifacts. Results are equal to hand design. Cycle time is dramatically reduced. Users retain control for tuning the design to address specific matching, parasitic and performance requirements.
Speaker: Ciaran Whyte, Chief Technical Officer, IC Mask Design Ltd., Limerick, Ireland
- Tanner EDA and foundry partners X-Fab & TowerJazz : 10:55-11:30am
Tanner EDA: Challenges and Opportunities Related to PDKs for Analog Design
Process design kits (PDKs) are considered an essential enabler to accelerating analog & mixed signal design cycles. Maintaining the integrity of electrical and physical model data across key constituents (foundries, EDA vendors, and designers) requires extensive coordination and ongoing investment. Recent initiatives within the industry to define PDK standards are aimed at addressing the proliferation of unique PDK support requirements. This panel discussion will explore the challenges and opportunities related to PDKs with a focus on analog design.
Speakers: Massimo Sivilotti, Chief Scientist, Tanner EDA, Monrovia, CA
Mark Miller, VP Business Development, X-Fab
Ori Galzur, VP, VLSI Design Center, TowerJazz
Activities in Booth #1342:
- Presentations by business partners and distributors, including IC Mask, SoftMEMS, Sound Design Technologies, TowerJazz, and X-Fab
- Demonstrations of mind reading and ESP by mentalist Bob Garner on Monday and Tuesday
- Demonstrations of v15 of the company’s HiPer Silicon full-flow design suite, which gives designers a complete analog design flow from schematic capture, circuit simulation, and waveform probing to physical layout and verification.
Inaugural User Forum:
User Forum from 8:30 am until 11:00am in Room 202A on Thursday, June 17th:
- Light breakfast and networking
- Presentations on Tanner EDA Technology Trends and Roadmap as well as a Tanner EDA business overview
- Customer presentation by V Semiconductor (V Semi), which specializes in custom, deep sub-micron IC design, on Driving Analog Innovation at Deep Submicron Scale
- Customer presentation by FLIR Systems, a world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of thermal imaging and stabilized camera systems for a wide variety of thermography and imaging applications, on Driving Analog Innovation in Image Sensors.
To learn how Tanner's full-flow product suite is enabling innovations ranging from high-speed I/O devices at deep nanoscale to world-leading image sensors designed for diverse industry applications, register at the DAC site following the guidelines on this page: http://tannereda.com/dac2010forum
About Tanner EDA
Tanner EDA provides a complete line of software solutions that catalyze innovation for the design, layout and verification of analog and mixed-signal (A/MS) integrated circuits (ICs). Customers are creating breakthrough applications in areas such as power management, displays and imaging, automotive, consumer electronics, life sciences, and RF devices. A low learning curve, high interoperability, and a powerful user interface improve design team productivity and enable a low total cost of ownership (TCO). Capability and performance are matched by low support requirements and high support capability as well as an ecosystem of partners that bring advanced capabilities to A/MS designs.
Founded in 1988, Tanner EDA solutions deliver just the right mixture of features, functionality and usability. The company has shipped over 33,000 licenses of its software to more than 5,000 customers in 67 countries.
# # #
Media Contact :