It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:07 pm

DRC

DRC

Postby story_teller » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Can you please tell me the difference between Standard DRC, Calibre and Dracula?
story_teller

Re: DRC

Postby Sushmita » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 am

Tanner standard DRC provides a GUI interface for users to setup DRC rules. It supports 8 different types of DRC rules. Tanner HiPer can read Calibre DRC rule deck natively and run DRC in Tanner environment. HiPer can also use Calibre LVS rule deck to extract SPICE netlist from layout.
Sushmita

Postby maadi » Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,

I am working with Tanner V 15.02 in 0.35 um CMOS technology. I got a problem in DRC and layout extraction. I followed the instructions but they were not completed. I wrote " netlistingForSimulation, avoidParDio" in “Calibre defines” part but I don't know what should I choose for "Extract Rules Sets to run" at the same window. In previous versions we were supposed to choose "XH035.ext" file but in newer versions it doesn't work furthermore. Can anybody guide me?

contact info:
maadi.mohammad@gmail.com
maadi

Postby azrocca@gmail.com » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I am also having some difficulty with DRC. I'm attempting to load in a Calibre rule set, however, when I set variables in "Calibre defines," it does not seem to recognize the variables I am setting. An example of my calibre defines syntax is this:
BEOL_STACK=5, LASTMETAL=ML, DESIGN_TYPE=CELL, IOTYPE=WB_INLINE, DENSITY_LOCAL=OFF

Is there anything else I need to set to cause these parameters to be passed to my .drc.cal file?

Thank you,
azrocca@gmail.com
azrocca@gmail.com

Postby tu2011 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

azrocca@gmail.com wrote:I am also having some difficulty with DRC. I'm attempting to load in a Calibre rule set, however, when I set variables in "Calibre defines," it does not seem to recognize the variables I am setting. An example of my calibre defines syntax is this:
BEOL_STACK=5, LASTMETAL=ML, DESIGN_TYPE=CELL, IOTYPE=WB_INLINE, DENSITY_LOCAL=OFF

Is there anything else I need to set to cause these parameters to be passed to my .drc.cal file?

Thank you,
azrocca@gmail.com

It appears like your Calibre deck requires setting environment variables in order for L-Edit and DRC to see them and act on them properly. What I recommend you do is create a batch file with the environment variables above and launch L-Edit from the batch file. That way, when you run DRC, it will see those environment variables. For example, you would have a batch file, say "mybatch.bat", with the following:

SET BEOL_STACK=5
SET LASTMETAL=ML
SET DESIGN_TYPE=CELL
SET IOTYPE=WB_INLINE
SET DENSITY_LOCAL=OFF
"C:\Program Files\Tanner EDA\Tanner Tools v15.1\LEDIT.EXE" %1

To execute this batch file, click on Start > Run, and type in "CMD" without quotes. Then browse to the directory where this batch file is located. This should be saved in the same directory as your project file. You can then type in the command line, "mybatch.bat MyProject.tdb". It will open up L-Edit along with your TDB file.

Alternatively, you can also replace the "%1" with the name of your TDB file. This way, you can just double click on the batch file instead of having to open up a command window and then executing the batch file. Also, if you are using 64-bit L-Edit, replace, ledit.exe with ledit64.exe.
tu2011

Return to DRC & LVS