It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am

Connection points size (red dots)

Connection points size (red dots)

Postby williamd600 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 pm

How can I increase the size of connection points (red dots) in S-Edit? I have checked various settings but couldn't find it.
williamd600

Re: Connection points size (red dots)

Postby mcordreygale@psi-e.com » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 am

Hi,

I assume you mean that red-squares for i/o connections. That can be done in the Setup->Technology->Schematic Grids panel with "hot-stop size". We use 0.024 but you'll have to experiment because it depends on the what schematic units you are using.

We've found that getting the units/grids sizes right for coherent across ALL USERS is absolutely crucial. Otherwise schematics can "un connect" themselves if someone has a different set of settings. Tanner has a tendancy to overwrite settings from one library to another and I'm not exactly sure how that works. Question for the Tanner experts.

Matthew Cordrey-Gale
Maya Technologies, Grenoble, France.
mcordreygale@psi-e.com

Re: Connection points size (red dots)

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Increasing the hot spot (red squares) size may change your schematic’s connectivity because each wire that intersects a hot spot will be connected to that spot. Any wire completely inside a hot spot will be removed. So, if you are adding a reference library to your design that has different hot spot settings then your schematics connectivity may change. When a user try to change hot spot size than S-Edit will issue a warning message to proceed with caution. It’s recommended to back-up your design using the File > Save > Save a Copy of Selected Design/Libraries before proceeding.

Return to Schematic capture with S-Edit, Simulation with T-Spice & Waveform viewing/editing with W-Edit